A Family-friendly Garden: Woolley Grange, Wiltshire
The grounds at our child-friendly hotel near Bath are just made for enjoying those long, lazy summer days as a family and for letting the kids make the very most of the great outdoors and play with new friends as you chill out on the terrace over a cocktail or glass of champagne. Here are some of our favourite things to do outdoors at Woolley Grange after you’ve checked in your gadgets in our Digital Detox box!
• Book a session on the Woolley Summer Camp with its activities for older kids and families to enjoy together, from bonfire-building to dog-training.
• Give us a helping hand in the Good Life Garden – our head gardener Eliza will happily provide you with some seeds.
• Collect an egg from Chicken House No 1, write your name on it and enjoy it for breakfast the next day.
• Collect samples from the herb garden and mix potions in the White Witch's House.
• Have a gander at our Victorian Walled Garden then taste its produce in the restaurant.
• Meet our hotel pets Simon the rabbit and Rex the dog, or camp out in the bird-hide to spot animals of a wilder variety (binoculars provided).
• Grab a net from the lobby and go pond netting.
• Play alfresco games galore on the front lawn, including croquet, boules, French cricket, football and mega-Connect4.
• Take a dip in the outdoor pool with its lovely warm water and gorgeous views.
• Tempt Rosie the pig out of her sty or try to waddle like our comical Indian runner ducks.
• Sit on our vintage tractor and inspect the crops.
• Explore the grounds using the Woolley Sheep Trail – with a prize for younger guests.
• Look for fairies in the Nature Garden (but shh! They’re very shy…)
Read more about family summer holidays at Woolley Grange.