February half term and breathe …
Every half term break provides a welcome relief from the hectic juggling of school routines and the demands of everyday life, but the February half term has to be one of the most welcome.
This break in the school year marks the end of the short dark days of winter, entrance school exam stress is over and bitterly cold weekends spent on a sports pitch are hopefully going to be a distant memory as warmer spring days move in. Everyone is ready for this break.
Short breaks away form the routine during half term give you and your children a chance to unwind and switch off, it is important for everyone to make the most of this downtime to re-set ready for the challenges of the next half tem.
The organised amongst you will have booked a ski break or week of winter sun long ago but for those of us who are more impulsive, rest and relaxation is available closer to home.
The UK has so many beautiful regions to discover and the February half term break is a great time to pack up the car and set off to explore.
Remember, the weather is never a barrier to fun outside - you just have to wear the right clothing!
Our hotels are situated in some of the most amazing parts of the country:
- Moonfleet Manor is right on the world heritage site that forms the Jurassic coast, perfect for fossil hunters and dinosaur experts!
- Fowey Hall perches over the picturesque town of Fowey and is close to the Eden Project, there is always something exciting going on. It’s a great day out - who doesn’t want to discover a tropical rain forest in February?!
- New Park Manor is in the heart of the New Forest. The National Park offers exciting activities all year round and wild pony spotting never fails to generate excited squeals.
- Woolley Grange is a few miles from Bath, take a day trip and discover the Roman Baths, Jane Austen trail and the Holburne Museum. The pretty town of Bradford on Avon has lots to offer too, ancient Tithe Barns and pretty cycle paths along the Avon & Kennett canal.
- Ickworth wins the prize for biggest outdoor space with 1,800 acres to explore and a National Trust property as a neighbour means there is always something interesting going on. The Suffolk coast is close by and there is even an Ed Sheeran coastal route!
Take some time out this half term and reap the benefits of switching off a little - memories are made of these fun times together.
Have a happy half term.
Click the hotel name below for their latest February half term availability: