Get in the Festive Mood with a December Break
The run-up to Christmas can be exhausting, especially for parents. A December midweek or weekend break in one of our family-friendly properties can be just what the doctor ordered – the hotels are already decked out in all their festive finery, providing the perfect place for a little respite from all the shopping and preparation, for some quality family time and even for a little ‘me’ or ‘us' time.
Reasons to Book a Pre-Christmas Break
• With all that shopping, cooking and entertaining ahead, it’s great to put your feet up and let someone else do all the work for you for a couple of days.
• Our two hours’ free childcare daily gives you some time off to think and plan – or simply to chill out by the fire with a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie or two, or with a luxurious treatment in one of our spas.
• Getting away in a festive setting with a Christmas tree and sparkly decorations will keep the kids' spirits up and also help keep a lid on their impatience while waiting for the big day to arrive.
• Christmas crafts sessions in our OFSTED-registered crèches will allow your kids to make lovely things to bring home to decorate your house (see the scallop shell angels made by our crèche staff at the Polurrian Bay Hotel in Cornwall).
• A fantastic choice of festive days out and seasonal events close to our hotels, including visits to Santa’s Grottos, mean that the run-up to Christmas won’t drag out for the kids.
• Our hotels are also within easy reach of atmospheric Christmas markets where festive shopping is a pleasure not a chore – and that also have great things to enjoy as a family, such as ice rinks.
• Our chefs’ festive dishes, based on local seasonal produce, may well inspire you to try out some new dishes this winter. Be inspired by Tony Smith of Moonfleet Manor’s recipe for Caramelised Apple and Pear Crumble with Lightly Spiced Vanilla Ice Cream.
Find out more about short breaks and special offers at Luxury Family Hotels.