Getting Motivated for the New Year: Wellness Tips from Woolley Grange Spa
Keeping up your motivation or starting a new regime in the winter months, when all you really want to do is curl up on the sofa, eat chocolate and max out on the Christmas box sets, is tough. We asked our team of health and beauty experts from the spa at Woolley Grange Hotel in Wiltshire to share their tips for seeing in the New Year with more than just good intentions.
• Simply adding an extra bit of walking were possible into your daily routine will reap huge benefits. Ideally, aim for 60 minutes a day – if this seems daunting, build it up day by day and before long you’ll barely notice you’re doing it. Changes can be as simple as parking your car further and further away from your home or workplace.
• Get eight hours’ sleep a night – no more no less, as this could have a knock-on effect on your motivation to exercise.
• Drink a cup of green tea a day – a quick cheat to get your skin and body detoxified and feeling refreshed.
• Book a massage a month to increase the effect of good eating, by improving circulation, helping detoxify your body, hydrating your skin and just generally making you feel great!
• Always exfoliate approximately 24 hours prior to your massage so that the oils will penetrate your skin much more effectively, leaving your skin softer.
• Get into the habit of body-brushing in the shower/bath, to help reduce the appearance of cellulite and prevent in-growing hairs. Always brush in upward movements towards the heart.
• Ensure you eat at least five pieces of fruit and vegetables per day, and always keep a healthy snack at work or in your car to avoid comfort eating. Drinking a pint of water can also help control those urges.
• Join a spa/swimming pool, preferably with a friend so that you can keep each other motivated. If you find one that also offers fitness classes, try to incorporate a fitness class every other week.
• Head for the sauna or steam room after any form of exercise – just five minutes a day is very good for you.
Read more about Luxury Family Hotels spas.