Great Days Out with Dads Handy for Luxury Family Hotels
Ask Dad what he wants for Father’s Day (18th June) this year, and the answer will probably be very simple – a long lie-in and the chance to read the papers over a cup of tea. This is where Luxury Family Hotels come in – our Sunday lie-in service means dads (and partners!) can chill out under the duvet while our lovely nannies entertain the kids, before you all grab some quality family time.
You may well choose to have a leisurely lunch in one of our child-friendly restaurants or a cream tea, then walk or cycle it all off around our grand estates or in one of our swimming pools. Or you could book Dad a treatment in one of our wonderful spas. But if you fancy a great day out, there are also some brilliant attractions and activities within easy reach of our hotels – places that Dad will enjoy but that have something for all the family. We’ve rounded up our favourites.
• Less than 20 minutes from our New Park Manor Hotel in Hampshire, the Beaulieu National Motor Museum displays 250+ vehicles ranging from the earliest motor carriages to Formula 1 racers. The site also includes the World of Top Gear, with behind-the-scenes footage from the popular TV show, and an abbey and country house to explore. Father's Day 2016 sees a Hot Rod and Custom Drive-in event with the chance to see customs, chops and bobbers including a unique Batmobile.
• Just a half-hour’s drive from Dorset's Moonfleet Manor Hotel, The Tank Museum at Bovington combines more than 300 historic and modern vehicles, including the world's first ever tank, with thrilling live displays.
• Forty minutes from The Ickworth Hotel in Suffolk, the Imperial War Museum Duxford is a former RAF site now displaying almost 200 aircraft, plus military vehicles, artillery and naval vessels, in vast halls.
• There can be few better places to spend Father’s Day than Cornwall, pootling about on the water with Fowey River Expeditions, based near Fowey Hall Hotel. Choose from escorted trips or solo sorties for experienced canoeists or kayakers. The route includes a stop off at Golant or Lerryn with their riverside pubs.
• Eight miles from Wiltshire's Woolley Grange Hotel, Lacock Abbey combines a country house, an historic village, a photography museum and lovely grounds with discovery trails for the perfect family day out.
If you’re looking for an original Father’s Day gift, think about investing in membership of the National Trust – all Luxury Family Hotels are situated near wonderful historic houses or castles perfect for family days out. In fact, the Ickworth Hotel is even part of a National Trust estate.
Read more about family holidays and breaks at Luxury Family Hotels.
Image copyright: Beaulieu.