On the Poldark Trail in Cornwall
Much of the action in the new BBC adaptation of Poldark takes place against the backdrop of Cornwall’s gorgeous rugged coastline, meaning guests at our Polurrian Bay and Fowey Hall hotels are well sited to follow in the footsteps of Ross Poldark, the dashing Army officer who returns to England after the American War of Independence to discover that his fiancée Elizabeth is about to marry his cousin.
Poldark is based on the acclaimed novels of Winston Graham, set in the 18th century and inspired by the town of Truro, 24 miles from the Polurrian and 22 miles from Fowey Hall. The Polurrian, perched above a secluded beach on the South West Coast Path, is surrounded by stunning scenery where many Poldark scenes were filmed. The shipwreck scenes were shot on the Lizard Peninsula, which the hotel overlooks, and Poldark Mine just outside Helston, 8 miles from the hotel, is the only complete underground mine open to the public in Cornwall and Devon. Gunwalloe Church Cove, also a filming location, is also only 7 miles from the hotel.
Other Poldark locations in Cornwall
• Charlestown Harbour – 7 miles from Fowey Hall and 40 miles from the Polurrian.
• St Breward – 19 miles from Fowey Hall and 57 miles from the Polurrian.
• Porthcothan - 27 miles from Fowey Hall and 28 miles from the Polurrian.
• Wheal Leisure Mine, Penwith – 28 miles from Fowey Hall and 28 miles from the Polurrian.
• Constantine Bay, near Padstow – 28 miles from Fowey Hall and 45 miles from the Polurrian.
• Porthgwarra, Land's End – 49 miles from Fowey Hall and 17 miles from the Polurrian.
• Pedn Vounder Beach, near Porthcurno – 58 miles from Fowey Hall and 29 miles from the Polurrian.
• Levant Mine, Trewellard – 62 miles from Fowey Hall and 28 miles from the Polurrian.
The Polurrian is running a 4-night Poldark Package starting £500 per room based on two adults sharing (kids stay free), including a full Cornish breakfast each morning, a two-course dinner for two on two of the evenings, a 30-minute spa treatment and a complimentary upgrade subject to availability at the time of booking.
In addition to exploring the filming locations, guests can take advantage of the hotel’s exclusive beach, Polurrian Cove, and get active with bodyboarding, rock-pooling and building sandcastles, and swimming in the indoor pool.
Read more about the special offers and breaks at the Polurrian.