Summer Holiday Survival Guide from Luxury Family Hotels
As the long summer holiday unfolds, at Luxury Family Hotels we look forward to welcoming lots of families and helping to create lots of happy summer memories.
Our role in the summer holiday mix is quite short, maybe a week at the most and of course we have lots of things to keep children of every age entertained for hours on end. The weeks at home might not seem quite so easy to fill!
Talking to our amazing den teams, we have compiled some top tips for keeping everyone happy and entertained and ensuring parents reach September feeling relatively relaxed.
- Holidays are for doing nothing, don’t be afraid of down time, days where everyone spends more time in PJs and the routine is forgotten, a lazy day a week is good for everyone.
- Home is fun, you don’t always have to go out to find entertainment, have a baking day at home. There might be mess but the pleasure of eating what you have made will make up for that.
- Get outside, parks are still a great place to spend time, take a picnic, cycle if you can or take the bikes and scooters with you, remember how much fun you had in the park as a child, all that fun is still there.
- Discover what is on your doorstep, most towns have hidden gems, great little museums, city farms, libraries, organised summer holiday activities, do some research you will be surprised what you find.
- Let siblings squabble, they need to learn how to fight their own battles or at least find agreeable solutions, sometimes it is easier to walk away.
- Digital detox, this might sound drastic but too much screen time is not good for any age, set limits on this at the start of the holidays so that everyone knows what is acceptable use, that goes for parents too.
- Summer camps are great, don’t feel guilty if you plan in some time at a summer camp, it is a break for everyone.
- Share the load, plan days out with friends and family members, that way everyone gets to spend some time with a wider group, plans some games or a big picnic as part of the day.
- Get ready to go back to school, honestly everyone loves putting a new pencil case together ready for the new term.
- Remember there won’t always be long summer holidays so make the most of them!
Happy summer holidays.
Check out late availability across the hotels - click here