Top 10 Pampering Tips and Treatments for Mums
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, it’s time for mums all around the UK to start thinking about kicking back and relaxing – and accepting thanks for all their hard work throughout the year. Which led us to reflect that relaxing isn’t something many mums are very good at. So we’ve put our heads together to bring you our tips for enjoying a little self-indulgence and pampering and creating some ‘me time’.
• Book a mini-break. But don’t make the mistake of thinking you have to get away from everyone, including the kids – seek out a place with childcare and a spa and you get the best of both worlds.
• If you can’t get away for a night or two, book yourself into a day-spa and spend the day cocooned in a bathrobe, lounging by the pool and enjoying a treatment or two.
• If even that’s too long to be away, at least splash out on a massage or treatment whenever you can get away for an hour or two.
• Pop to your favourite beauty hall for a makeover, or get a new cut at the hairdresser – it’s a cliché, but a change really can be as good as a rest.
• Make time to do yoga - doyogawithme.com is a fantastic free video resource including postnatal sessions, with routines from as short as five minutes for those pushed for time.
• On an ongoing lifestyle basis, drink lots of water, take regular gentle exercise, go to bed early several nights a week and do your main supermarket shop online!
Luxury Family Hotel Spa Recommended Treatments for Mums
• The Great Escape: Lasting a blissful 85 minutes, this aromatic wellbeing ritual relaxes and nourishes both the body and the face.
• Grotta Guisti Mud: This unique 55-minute body treatment uses thermal waters from an ancient Tuscan source to relieve tension and re-mineralise the skin.
• Glorious Skin Facial: 70 minutes of this lifting, firming and anti-ageing treatment will re-energise your skin. Add on an optional 15-minute Eye Zone Refresh & Anti-Age if you’re suffering those telltale sleep deprivation signs of fatigue, puffiness and dark circles.
• VOYA Signature Organic Seaweed Leaf Wrap: This 90-minute treatment is the real crème de la crème of body wraps, cocooning you in fresh Atlantic seaweed leaves and a soft muslin ‘bandage’ while your therapist performs a scalp massage to bring you to new levels of relaxation.
For more on these and other treatments, see the Luxury Family Hotels’ spa brochure.