Top 10 Summer Beauty Tips and Treatments from Our Spa Therapists
Most of us emerge from the vagaries of the British winter and spring with dull, pale skin – the result of a combination of chilly exteriors and central heating. We’ve asked the therapists at our wonderful spas to share their tips for rejuvenating your skin and getting it into tip-top condition for the warmer months ahead.
• Use a moisturiser and/or foundation with SPF whatever the weather – as well as protecting your skin from UV rays, it will keep it supple and fight against wrinkles and lines. A water-based moisturiser is fine for the warmer months; in winter, you will probably need an oil-based one for extra protection.
• Spend regular time in a steam room if you can, or steam your face over a sink full of hot water every so often, using a towel as a ‘lid’, to get rid of toxins.
• Try to use products with as many natural/organic ingredients as possible.
• Exfoliate regularly (once a week) to counteract dullness and dryness.
• Learn the basics of facial yoga, face massage and lymphatic drainage massage to combat the effects of ageing common to us all, and incorporate them into your daily skincare routine.
• Don’t forget body lotion; an in-shower moisturising lotion is useful if this is something you struggle to find time for.
• Try to avoid stress; a regular massage is one powerful way of helping to unwind and escape from everyday pressures.
• Treat yourself to a pedicure to waken your feet from their winter incarceration and make sure dry skin is banished for summer.
• Remember lip balm to protect your lip tissue, with an SPF of 15 or higher.
• Boost your summer skin glow with healthy eating, including berries, nuts, beans, vegetables and oily fish, and regular exercise.
Top treatments for summer skin in our spas
• The Elemis Biotec Sonic Skin-Radiance Facial (available in some of our spas) energises tired, dull and/or stressed skin using antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides and restores moisture with the help of elderberry and orange flower extract.
• The Super-Charge Facial for Men de-ages and hydrates skin using Kalpariane Allantoin and Salicornia, plus a power-trio of steam, ultrasonic peeling and galvanic-current deep cleaning.
• Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Scrub is an invigorating deep cleanse infused with skin-enriching Japanese Camellia Oil Blend. Involving light body brushing and a luxurious drizzle of warm oil over the body, it leaves it silky-smooth and glowing.
• Cellutox Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap detoxifies and kick-starts your body, cocooning it in rich marine algae and detoxifying juniper and lemon, helping refine the appearance of cellulite and relieve the discomfort of fluid retention.
• Deluxe Pedicure.
Find out more about our family-friendly spas.