Your Best Ever Mother’s Day: a How-to Guide
We know how special all our mums are to us, and at Luxury Family Hotels we celebrate MUMS everywhere!
So whether you’re a working mum, a stay-at-home mum, a single mum or a soon-to-be-mum – or a combination of some of those – just putting your feet up after a long day, sitting down after supper with a glass of wine, having a relaxing soak in the bath or finishing your book, all seem a million miles away.
And taking time out for a weekend break seems almost impossible. But Luxury Family Hotels has the perfect solution.
At Luxury Family Hotels we put family life at the core of your holiday, making it possible to take time off and enjoy a relaxing treat for Mum with the chance to spend quality time together as a family. Whether you’re taking a short break for Mother's Day or enjoying a first time break away with baby, celebrating a special occasion any other time of the year, you can always take advantage our OFSTED-registered crèche facilities, baby-listening services enabling you to have adults only dinners, or treat yourself to any one of our relaxing spa treatments.
Fowey Hall in Cornwall is offering a Mother’s Day lunch with the use of the exciting outdoor play area with zip wire, trampoline and tyre swings. Mums have the chance to slink off to the spa for an indulgent treatment.
Over in Dorset, Moonfleet Manor overlooking Chesil Beach will be offering our fantastic Mothering Sunday Lunch menu from 12-2pm. You can help mum have some relaxation by treating to an Elemis or Jessica pamper treatment in our treatment area.
Woolley Grange, near Bath, offers mums a lie-in on the morning of Mother’s Day as the staff pick up the little ones from your room at 8am for the Children’s Breakfast Club. You can then choose to stay on for their delicious Mother’s Day Sunday lunch followed by a stroll in the 14 acre gardens to admire the beautiful spring flowers.
New Park Manor in the New Forest is offering an afternoon tea extravaganza with a buffet available from lunchtime throughout the afternoon, plus a small gift for Mum..
In Suffolk, The Ickworth Hotel will be presenting a box of chocolates to all mums on Mother’s Day and also offering a complimentary afternoon tea for Mum with all parties of four or more and a glass of fizz for all.
Luxury Family Hotels' Top Tips for Spoiling Mum
• Don't arrange to go out and leave her alone for the day! While they might appreciate a long lie-in and breakfast in bed, most mums will want to spend time with their families on Mother's Day. Book somewhere special but relaxing and child-friendly for lunch, and follow it with a hearty countryside or coastal walk.
• Alternatively, think about days out that mum will enjoy but that have something for all the family – art museums, National Trust or English Heritage properties, gardens or beaches are all good ideas.
• Think outside the box when it comes to presents – flowers and chocolates might not be appreciated as much as a hand-crafted gift that she'll want to keep for ever. Or conversely, book her a slot in the spa for some serious pampering.
• Consider going away for the night or weekend, so Mum doesn't have to even think about shopping, cooking or housework.
• If you can't make it away for the weekend, find somewhere to treat Mum to a decadent afternoon tea.
Read more about our family-friendly spas https://www.luxuryfamilyhotels.co.uk/luxury-spa-hotels